Saturday 12 August 2017

#LISprochat lead-in - topic & questions for Mon Aug 14 2017

via Investment Zen

TOPIC

Side hustles & library professionals


I've found myself thinking lately of an idea I had a few years back for a side hustle that I never bothered to actually run with. And I know Leigh for sure, and loads of other library professionals out there have side hustles, those related to libraries and those not directly related. I want us to talk about these gigs and these ideas for gigs. Let's explore them together. My main inspiration article for this week is 7 tips to brand your side hustle like a pro from Ms. Career Girl, but you could equally say that my inspiration was also Kevin Sampsell's So You Want to Start Your Own Micro-press? at The Center for Fiction because it was what got me thinking of my old idea again.


QUESTIONS


We post the questions here in advance of the chat so you can decide whether or not this topic is of interest to you and/or prepare your answers in advance.


Q1 Do you now/have you ever/do you want to at some point, have a side hustle/second gig? Is it LIS related?

Q2 What kind of LIS related side hustles do you think are out there for library and information professionals?

Q3 What tips and resources can you share with those out there who might be interested in starting a LIS related side hustle?

Q4 Do you think your side hustle makes you a better library professional in your day job? How so?

PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING IN ON TWITTER AT 9 PM ET MONDAY, AUGUST 14 USING THE #LISPROCHAT HASHTAG. 

No comments:

Post a Comment